Card review: Super-Nimble Mega HamsterSeptember 21, 2010
With the release of Extra Pack 3, there are more choices for some of the decks.
X-saber cards certainly standout, and this post is not to debate whether X-saber is going to be strong without some TCG exclusive key cards. Another card that is worth getting is Super-Nimble Mega Hamster.
Let’s just focus on Super-Nimble Mega Hamster.
Flip: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Deck in face-down Defense Position.
I won’t go through how to use it since it’s out in TCG for quite some time, which is quite a no brainer in my opinion.
Good choices to search out:
– Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter (Always the first choice that comes to mind)
– X-saber Airbellum (Synchro for a 7 stars with Hamster if it survives)
– Des Koala (Only if you play a burn deck, example: feath’s build)
– Whirlwind Weasel (Possible to set up a huge attack, but quite risky to run it in deck)
Any deck that runs on Ryko can consider this card, since it goes quite smoothly.
Typical example is Lightlord. Since it is relatively slower nowadays, you can consider to run Hamster in it. It allows you to flip Ryko on your main phase, which can set up a good Celestia break.
– Opponent attacks Hamster -> search Ryko -> flip Ryko to clear opponent’s spell/trap -> release for Celestia to destroy monsters
Another deck is the popular Dandy warrior, whereby Ryko does an important job of milling and buys time. When a Dandy warrior deck sets a monster, there are quite a number of possibilities. Dandylion, Sangan, Ryko, Snowman Eater etc… And now with inclusion of Hamster, it becomes a mind game.
Written by Maxilicious