September 2010 Limited & Forbidden Card List: Current MetagameAugust 6, 2010
Everyone is blogging about their views and predictions about the September list. Nothing is bigger than that in August for players. Alright, you may argue there is World Championship.
I’ll separate it into three parts:
1. Current metagame
2. My guess
3. Actual list
I chose recent or/and major tournaments and tabulated the top decks used to get a collective view of the metagame. Of course, there will be inaccuracy and bias. Because I choose the tournaments to be used and also I may not have access to many other tournaments. Anyway, it will still be a reasonable gauge of the metagame.
OCG (Japan only):
– 1st Tokyo Championship Top 8 (Team tournament but with no special card limitation) [24 decks]
– 5th ISD Championship Top 8 (Team tournament but with no special card limitation) [24 decks]
– 6th Kobe Championship Top 2 (Team tournament but with no special card limitation) [6 decks]
– DO EXPART 25 Tournament Top 8 [8 decks]
– East Japan National [27 decks]
– West Japan National [40 decks]
Black feather stands out from the above chart, with Infernity and Frog monarch next to it. The rest is quite diverse, so i combine anything with less than 10 counts into ‘others’ to calculate the below chart with percentage.
– US World Championship Qualifier Top 32 [32 decks]
– European World Championship Qualifier Top 8 [8 decks]
– YuGiOh Championship Series Washington Top 32 [32 decks]
– YuGiOh Championship Series Chicago Top 32 [32 decks]
X-sabers is owning in TCG with the exclusives, and I’ve combined anything less than 5 counts into ‘others’ to calculate the below chart with percentage.
Written by Maxilicious